The Commissioner has announced the first of an ongoing series of training seminars that aim to support government and non-government organisations to develop and implement comprehensive child safe strategies.
Child Safe Organisations WA has been established by the Commissioner to ensure children and young people are better protected from abuse and neglect, and that safety and respect for children and young people are embedded in every organisation’s culture.
The free full-day seminars are particularly designed for leaders or managers of organisations that operate activities or services for children and young people, and who are responsible for children’s safety and welfare.
Participants will be provided with information, resources and opportunities to reflect on:
- the key considerations in developing and maintaining an organisation culture that is child-focused, respectful and accountable
- how empowering children and young people can increase safety
- how organisations can limit the opportunity for children to be harmed
- the nine domains of Child Safe Organisations WA as a comprehensive framework for commitment, strategies, policies and practices for all individuals in an organisation.
Seminars will be ongoing throughout 2016 and 2017, with the first seminars now open for bookings
- Perth (Subiaco) – 16, 17 and 30 May
- Albany – 11 May 2016
- Broome – 14 June 2016
More information about this project is available on the Child Safe Organisations WA project page.