Every state and territory in Australia has a Commissioner and/or Guardian who represents children and young people.
The role of each Commissioner and Guardian is slightly different and based on the legislation of each jurisdiction.
Despite the differences between the roles, the Commissioners meet twice a year at the meeting of Australia's Children's Commissioner and Guardians Group (ACCG).
ACCG Communique - Meeting 23 to 24 May 2017
- Meeting 16 and 17 November 2016
- Meeting 25 and 26 May 2016
- Meeting 25 and 26 November 2015
- Meeting 20 and 21 May 2015
- Meeting 10 and 11 November 2014
- Meeting 18 and 19 November 2013
- Meeting 2 and 3 May 2013
- Meeting 10 and 11 October 2012
- Meeting 31 May and 1 June 2012
- NSW Advocate for Children and Young People
- NSW Office of the Children's Guardian
- ACT Children and Young People's Commissioner
- SA Guardian for Children and Young People
- TAS Commissioner for Children and Young People
- VIC Commission for Children and Young People
- NT Children’s Commissioner
- QLD Family and Child Commission
- National Children’s Commissioner
International Children's Commissioners
- New Zealand Children's Commissioner
- England Children's Commissioner
- Children and Young People's Commissioner Scotland
- Northern Ireland Commissioner for Children and Young People
- Children's Commissioner for Wales
- Child Rights International Network - Provides a comprehensive list of independent children's rights institutions of Europe.