Every state and territory in Australia has a Commissioner and/or Guardian who represents children and young people.
The role of each Commissioner and Guardian is slightly different and based on the legislation of each jurisdiction.
Despite the differences, the Commissioners and Guardians collaborate where possible and meet regularly at the meeting of Australia and New Zealand's Children's Commissioner and Guardians Group (ANZCCG) to share information and plan joint advocacy projects.
Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, the group meet several times a year by video conference.
ANZCCG Communique - Meeting 11 and 12 November 2019
ANZCCG Communique - Meeting 12 and 13 November 2018
ACCG Position Statement on Youth Justice Detention - November 2017
- Meeting 15 and 16 May 2018
- Meeting 16 and 17 November 2017
- Meeting 23 and 24 May 2017
- Meeting 16 and 17 November 2016
- Meeting 25 and 26 May 2016
- Meeting 25 and 26 November 2015
- Meeting 20 and 21 May 2015
- Meeting 10 and 11 November 2014
- Meeting 18 and 19 November 2013
- Meeting 2 and 3 May 2013
- Meeting 10 and 11 October 2012
- Meeting 31 May and 1 June 2012
Australian Children's Commissioners and Guardians
- National Children’s Commissioner
- ACT Children and Young People's Commissioner
- NSW Advocate for Children and Young People
- NSW Office of the Children's Guardian
- NT Children’s Commissioner
- QLD Family and Child Commission
- SA Commissioner for Children and Young People
- TAS Commissioner for Children and Young People
- VIC Commission for Children and Young People
- Office of the eSafety Commissioner
International Children's Commissioners
- New Zealand Children's Commissioner
- England Children's Commissioner
- Children and Young People's Commissioner Scotland
- Northern Ireland Commissioner for Children and Young People
- Children's Commissioner for Wales
- Child Rights International Network - Provides a comprehensive list of independent children's rights institutions of Europe.